This time of year can be difficult for anyone in a non-traditional relationship, which is why this recent Polyamory Weekly podcast is so important and helpful. The description reads:
Sometimes it's tough to be poly over the holidays. Which relatives are you out to? Can you introduce your lover to your auntie May? How do you schedule family time? Listeners wrote in via Facebook and Twitter to ask the toughest holiday-related poly issues, and cohosts Joreth and Puck help Minx to sort them out . . .
The discussion topics include:
- How to introduce non-spouses
- How to prevent your poly-aware daughter from letting closeted poly relationships slip in front of the "in-laws"
- Is being closeted OK to certain relatives?
- How do you handle feeling secondary and isolated?
- How do you manage economic disparities?
- How do you deal with missing some and disappointing others?
Listen to the podcast for some great tips and advice!